Selling Tips that You Can Use Right Now!
Seling Tips that you can use to Increase your sales. There are two easy and super-effective techniques: upselling and cross-selling.
Encourage a customer to buy more from the product line they’re shopping, or suggest an additional product from a line she already uses.
Example: A customer buying a cleanser may be interested in a moisturizer that will hydrate and heighten benefits when paired with the cleanser. By making a suggestion you’re helping your customer get results she’ll love.
Here’s what you might say:
“May I suggest our moisturizer with your cleanser purchase? The two work beautifully together to help your skin look more radiant.”
“The earrings you chose are beautiful. We have a necklace that would look great with them. Would you like to see it?”
Your customer will appreciate your pointing out products that she might not know about — it’s the kind of personal customer service that makes a difference. Plus, once she’s used more of the line she’ll have better results and want to re-order from you.
Help a customer experience products from other lines that she hasn’t tried.
Example: A customer buys a moisturizer from the Anew skin care line and you offer to show her a foundation or blush. Introducing her to the color line is cross-selling.
Here’s what you might say:
“Thanks so much for your skin care order. I also wanted to tell you about our new moisturizing lipsticks. The shades are just amazing.”
“I know you love the Anew Vitale day cream. Here’s a sample of our bestselling Ideal Flawless liquid foundation — it gives you a really natural glowing look.”
Making success happen takes action. To reach your goals (hello KickStart), plan specific activities every day that will help you connect with people, move your business forward and put money in your pocket.
The more you do, the faster you reach your goals.
• Highlight your calendar with hours you’ll dedicate to your business daily, weekly and monthly. Fill in highlighted hours with specific activities to bring you income and grow your business. Stay focused on your WHY for inspiration.
• Carry and share brochures and samples everywhere you go and direct people to your Avon online store to shop. Set a goal to connect with 3 people or more every day. Connections lead to relationships that lead to success.
Always ask potential customers for their contact information and add them to your contact list. Follow up within 48 hours to keep your connection fresh and show your interest in their needs.
“You can’t find our products in stores — only through Avon brochures and your local Avon Representatives. If you’re interested, I’d love to show you some of our best sellers and help you find products that would be great for you.”
“Avon has everything. I really love/am obsessed with (insert your fave Avon product here). Can I give you a sample?”
• Carry and share the recruiting flyer with at least 3 people every day – talk about the Avon income opportunity and share your love for the products and your business. Add their name and contact info to your contact list and follow up within 48 hours.
When you invite others to start their own business too they’re usually flattered, even if they say no. Ask for referrals — everyone knows someone who may need extra income or who loves beauty, but they won’t think of it until you ask. Be bold — you never know whose life you may be changing by your offer.
“I love selling Avon. It’s so much fun and doesn’t feel like work — it’s easy talking about products people use every day. I make great money, too. Do you know anyone who might like to do this themselves?”
“Do you know anyone who might be interested in earning extra income? Even if they only have a couple of hours a week?”
• Download the Avon Social Media Center app and post on social media regularly. It’s a fast, super-effective way to build sales and build your team as you share who you are, what you love about Avon and our latest amazing products.
• Have frequent get-togethers with friends and ask them to bring new friends you haven’t met yet. Share your favorite products and enjoy building new relationships that could lead to new customers and new Representatives on your team.
• Schedule meet-ups at local cafes or restaurants and bring the newest lipsticks and fragrances for fun sampling and networking. Schedule about 30 minutes to share brochures and your favorite new products.
Smart Secrets to Success
· Upselling and cross-selling build deeper relationships with your customers.
· Accelerate your sales by introducing customers to more of the Avon product family.
· Always have your Avon brochures and product samples on hand to demo and explain products anytime.
One of the key ways to win happy, loyal customers is with great one-on-one service they won’t find anywhere else.
Get to know every customer’s particular needs and preferences and make product suggestions. Check in when it’s time to replenish her makeup or skin care favorites. Make the extra effort to deliver her order in time for a special occasion.
The unique customer service you give helps you stand out, develop a relationship and lead your customers to rely on you and your products.
More Ways to Add the Wow Factor
- Make sure you communicate in whatever way is best for each customer: via email, text, phone, Facebook Messenger. Ask them what they prefer.
- Enter customer birthdays in your calendar and text or call to say happy birthday.
- Follow up a week after delivering your customer’s order to make sure they’re enjoying their products and see if they have any questions.
- Always thank your customers for their order and their loyalty. Sending an immediate text or email makes a great impression.
- Make sure your customers know how to reach you and when you’re available. When a customer reaches out, respond as fast as you can.
- Use Avon products regularly and try new ones every month so you can sincerely recommend products and share your experience.
- Keep an eye out for new products you think a customer would love, like a new scent or lipstick shade that would be a perfect match for her.
Hold customer appreciation events:
- Current customers will love being appreciated and may be interested in learning more about the Avon opportunity
- Invite potential customers from your contact list to check out your amazing products
- Ask customers and Representatives to share testimonials
- Set up displays for guests to try new products and see specials
- Give every guest a flower and a sample pack — who doesn’t love a gift bag!
- Outline your goals for the next few months and then break them down into monthly and weekly actions that will get you there.
- Create a daily “to do” list.
- Tackle the more challenging tasks first. Leave the easy stuff for later.
- Put everything on your calendar. You’ll keep track of responsibilities and also see if you’ve overcommitted. Be ambitious but realistic about what you can accomplish in a day.
- Allow 50% more time for each task than you think it will take. If you think a call will only be 30 minutes, allow 45. If you think your appointment may only take an hour, allow 90 minutes.
- We all over-schedule because we underestimate how much time we really need. Creating this “buffer” will keep you on track and also automatically reduce stress. Life-changing!
- Make note of new thoughts and to do’s as they come to mind. Written reminders prevent that momentary panic when you suddenly think, “What was I going to do? Who did I need to call?”
Be Picky — Learn to Say No
Ask yourself these important questions before putting something on your calendar:
- Can I eliminate it? You don’t have to say yes to everything. If it’s not something directly related to meeting a goal, skip it.
- Can I automate it? Free up your time from routine tasks like monthly bill paying that can be taken care of automatically. Whenever you save time, you make time for work goals and activities that are more productive.
- Can I delegate it? What can you ask family members to help with? Can you hire someone else to do things that take you away from what you want to do most?
Put more of your time into activities that will bring the greatest financial return. Spend more time on:
- Following up with customers
- Identifying customer needs and finding solutions
- Following up on potential leads and referrals
Spend less time on:
- Low-priority tasks others can help with
- Activities that don’t produce sales or growth for your team
I hope you have found some value in this reading. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
P.S. Do you love beauty? Why not turn that passion into a business? To learn more, click HERE!